On Monday my department manager showed me how to troubleshoot problems with a pc
remotely. Also, we checked for updates for the servers. The reason for that was that on
this weekend there was an issue which had to be solved. He showed me the script they
used to back up the server. Later on, we swapped failed firewalls with new ones
because they’ve been operating for too long already.
On Tuesday we created a Firewall rule for a printer so users could print on the new
printer. We installed a new router and swapped the old one because he
didn’t work properly anymore. There was also a problem with the VPN connection to another department which we had to troubleshoot.
We also had to check the CCTV again if there were any problems. Later on this day we visited „Project 2“, the new site which will be opened soon and for which I’ve been preparing the network devices already. We visited the construction site to see the progress of the building and to make sure everything was okay. My supervisor discovered a problem which we still have to solve.
It never occurred to me that this problem could actually be a problem. My supervisor
said to me that this site was going to be finished soon, so I could start deploying networking devices in there on Friday.
During these two days, I had to stay longer at the office than usually. So I arrived at home very late.